Main Street Family Dental is pleased to be open as an essential service during this ongoing pandemic. Dentistry has shown amazing resilience and the highest standards to ensure safety and peace of mind during dental appointments. There may be a few things that are different than what you are used to, but we strive to make the experience comfortable.
- We are going to do our best to schedule people so that there is not any overlap to facilitate physical distancing
- We are asking that people come alone unless they require assistance at the appointment.
- You will be asked to answer some screening questions before and at the time of your appointment. We may even take your temperature with a touch-free thermometer.
- We ask that our patients help out by arriving wearing a cloth or surgical mask from home and leave it on until we ask you to remove it, and that you use hand sanitizer as soon as you arrive and before you leave.
- And of course we ask that if you are ill at all, or suspect you might have come in contact with SarsCoV2 (the virus that causes Covid-19) that you please choose another time to come and see us.
Dentistry had some of the most aggressive and strict infection control protocols of any out-patient service before the pandemic. And now we have taken it to the next level!
We have added some glass barriers at the front desk, and doors to some of the operatories to minimize droplet movement and contact with others. Main Street Family Dental was built in 2019 with a state-of-the-art HVAC system with multiple HEPA filters in place, and a ducted return system that removes contaminated air from each operatory and prevents movement of used air to other areas.
All of our staff is fully vaccinated as per provincial guidelines.
We will be using a “universal precautions” approach to all our care, which assumes that anyone might have the virus even if they screen negative. As we know, this is a sneaky virus with a long incubation period, and the potential for asymptomatic carriers. This is above and beyond the recommendations, but patient and worker protection are paramount. As such you will notice that we are going to be wearing a lot more gear than you are used to, and this will change depending on what procedures we are performing.
If you have any questions or would like to book an appointment, please call: 519-203-6246.